Thursday, June 16, 2011

American Idiot...The Movie!

A lot of shows these days are turning into films. Chicago, Rent, Rock of Ages, etc. Whats the newest show that will become a movie? American Idiot of course! The show just recently ended their run on Broadway. Now I was always skeptical of this show since it opened. I have seen Green Day perform live before..and they were great. So when I heard they were making a show based on their music I was unsure about it. I mean, if I wanted to hear Green Day songs, why would I want to hear it from anyone other than Green Day? Near the end of their run, I actually wanted to go see it..but since Billie Joe Armstrong went back to the show, it was kind of hard to get tickets (not to mention I'm a broke college student!) So, I never ended up seeing the show.

However, now I will be able to get a chance to see it on the big screen! So at least I'll be able to see it, even if it is in my local movie theatre. Check out this link from broadway.com to read more about it: Billie Joel Armstrong Set To Star In American Idiot Movie; 2013 Released Planned

Follow me on Twitter: @AllThingsBway

Also, check out this other great blog about broadway, rush/student/and lottery tickets! This is def a blog worth reading! Broadway Informer and follow her on Twitter: @Bwayinformer

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't get too see it...he was surprisingly really good as St. Jimmy (I saw it twice). Can't wait to see how the movie differs from the musical. A side note, his name is spelled without the "L" Billie Joe Armstrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha whoopsie! I thought I spelt his name weird! Thanks for the catch! Yeah I'm def going to see the movie when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete