Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Idina Menzel = Amazing!

I'm a huge RentHead, and I love everyone and everything about it. I was too young to see the original cast in the show-but when I hit high school I saw it as many times as I could. I would listen to the soundtrack everyday. I just couldn't get enough of it. When I had found out that Idina Menzel was going to be in Wicked, I immediately bought tickets; without even fully knowing what the show was about. Her being in it was enough for me. Once the first note left her mouth, I got chills. Hearing her live was incredible. I fell in love with her even more so than before.

After Wicked I started keeping up with what Idina was involved in. I have been lucky enough to see Idina perform live in concert twice. The first time was at Count Baise Theare in Red Bank, and the second time was just last week when she performed at NJPAC. Both times she was AMAZING! For the NJPAC my cousin and I went and our seats were really crappy...but we didn't care. Her voice reached us without her having even to try. She performed songs from her famous shows Rent, Wicked, Glee and many more. She was hilarious as well. Not only can she belt out songs, she has such a rapport with the audience. She would tell stories in between songs, and everyone laughed their asses off! (If she ever gives up singing, she has a career as a comedian!) She made fun of her and Lea Michele singing Poker Face because she thought it was weird for a mother and daughter to sing (and she's right!)

After the show my cousin and I decided to wait at the stage door to try and meet her. We waited about 45 minutes, and out she came! She was super nice, sweet and gorgeous! She took the time to autograph everything! And the bonus of the night was she said she would also take pictures with us! My cousin and I almost died! We never thought we'd actually get a picture with her; an autograph was fine with us! It was the perfect end to an amazing night!! If you have the chance to see her live, DO IT!! Below are some pictures from the February show and the June show!

Follow me on Twitter: @AllThingsBway

Idina Menzel with Marvin Hamlisch


My cousin, Idina, and Me!!

Wicked playbill signed by Idina Menzel & Kristin Chenoweth!

No comments:

Post a Comment